If you’re an egg roll lover, you’re in for a special treat. Today, Dan is sharing his famous egg roll recipe! Here goes nothin’:
• 1 lb lean ground pork (or the meat of your choice)
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp ground ginger
• Pinch of salt
• Veggies of your choice (We used carrots, cabbage, snow peas, celery, and onion)
• Egg roll wrappers (found in the produce section)
• Seed oil of your choice
1) Brown meat in pan with garlic powder, ground ginger, and salt. Set aside in large bowl.
2) Shred or julienne your vegetables. This is a great recipe to try with veggies you want to work into your diet, such as bok choy, spinach, or scallions). Mix your veggies with your cooked meat to make the egg roll filling.
3) Lay out a wrapper and scoop some filling into the center. Fold over one edge at a time.
4) Use a little water to seal the edges as you fold them over. Try to seal them up tight so they hold up during cooking.
5) Heat the oil in the bottom of a pan and gently fry the egg rolls.
We made about 22 egg rolls and used about 3/4 to 1 cup of oil total. Doesn’t the finish product look fantastic? Pair them with steamed or grilled shrimp for a filling, healthy meal or serve them as appetizers.